Wednesday, October 5, 2011

MINE ALL MINE

I checked with the DMV at the county today, as long as I have a bill of sale with me, on the trip home then I can move the trailer without plates. When I explained what I was doing, the ladies behind the counter looked shocked and worried, "Oh you'll have to have that inspected." Yes, I know, we discussed this... I'll have to get the inspector's name and number again, and go over all the details with him before I start, and take lots of notes and pics during the build. Better to have the inspector involved from the start then find out something is wrong or needs modified after the paint is on..

It was a 2 1/2 hour trip each way and I had to stop for some business on the way. Only got lost once, but that's not my fault! Billy forgot to tell me to turn Right at the Y not Left.. Sigh. 

I met Billy and his wonderful kittens. He has seven, he told wife you want to keep them, they all have to be spayed and neutered and giving their rabies shots. (I so like this guy.)  

The trailer was a home made item that was originally intended for customer who needed it to haul bails of hay. But then didn't need it.  We discussed tiny houses, and I mentioned that he might make some money making trailers for the tiny house/vardo crowd. :)

The ride home was broken up by a little More shopping, seems I had forgotten something on the first pass through town. I wanted to drop the trailer at my Friends house tonight but I had to go back to work and be online in case any student needed online reference help. So I'm hoping to have it moved to the friends house, tomorrow, before the Landlord's Son of Doom, see it and get's upset. So, it is sitting in front of my rent house, and I hope soon I'll be able to contact welder at my other friends high school to see if he can either help or point me to the person who can. Because it was 'homemade' there are a few things about it, that according to the "Go House Go" booklet that I can already see will have to be modified and refitted to be suitable for a vardo/tiny house. 

HAPPY DANCE

No comments:

Post a Comment