Sunday, October 16, 2011

The kindness of friends and I Love Craigs list

My problem is not having anywhere to park the Vardo as I work on it.

My 100 year old land lady is now stating that I can park it on one of the other renters properties that she owns.

This won't work because, a) the renter in the house hasn't even been asked, b) it would be impossible to work on it, in someone Else's yard, and c) the yard conveniently backs up to a alley... can you say goodbye Vardo?


So my friends that are temporarily parking my soon to be vardo and who have a 2 inch ball hitch will be bringing it into work for me tomorrow. I'll have to work on getting the wood off the frame on Tuesday, then finding somewhere to have a shower before going back to work.

I ADORE MY FRIENDS.

GULF WAR 146 and counting...

Update:

I was looking on Craigslist as I was putting together my build list for after the welding gets done and I was thinking about a kitchen counter for putting the sink on and a place to prep food. There is a business going out of business with pieces of Corian kitchen countertops; Light and strong, great for the Vardo!

72x33x1/4 (about 400 pieces) (4 colors).$37.00 ea YEP 37 bucks for 6 feet of counter space.  Even if I cut it in half.. 37 BUCKS:  I just hope that there is a neutral cream color in there somewhere and i'll see about driving out to get it next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment