Tuesday, October 18, 2011

At the Welder's at Last

Ok, after only slightly making a fool of myself, I backed the trailer into the gated area at the college's welding lab.

The other instructor Gene, understood when I said that it had been twenty five years since I had last tried to back up a trailer, and for the lack of practice on my part he did in point  of fact did not laugh to much. :)

Plus he then showed me how to hitch and unhitch my trailer. At this point, the gentleman that sold me the trailer and the gentleman who let me leave my trailer in his back yard, both did the whole gentlemanly thing. Each time I backed the truck up to the hitch, apparently very well, as they both connected it so quickly I didn't even get a chance to see what or how to do it. Sigh. Gene laughed as I explained that I had no idea how to hook or unhook it as the guys had been doing it for me, and showed me how to do it.


I will go an hour or two tomorrow and the next day before work and continue to remove wood from the trailer. I fear however that as the wood comes off I find that the nice looking outside has been hiding a rather not so nice inside. I'm hoping that this doesn't become a compete redo job for the welders.

Next I am working on a secondary location to leave the trailer that will allow me to work on it in my spare time.

No comments:

Post a Comment