Monday, October 24, 2011

I love my trailer seller

So I got a call from my trailer seller (Ken) this morning.

Tri Tex was contacted by the trailer manufacture.

Do I want pin strips on the trailer?

LOL

I asked and yes the 2 inch ball will work fine.

Then I asked about letting them know what I'd be doing, maybe get the trailer made to the PAD specs. Ken said let me check and I'll call you back. He called back and gave me the trailer makers fax. I've faxed off the plans this afternoon. Cross fingers folk, they haven't started the build and if they can make it to spec. I may cut several weeks of the prep work, and move straight to build. 

And when I mentioned that I need to get rid of the other trailer, Ken said, "Oh really, bring it in and we'll see what we can give you for it." At this point, while I do care about how much I could get for it, I'm a realist. I won't get what I paid for it, and what ever I get I'll have them credit to the total for the new real trailer.

As to the old trailer. I spent 2 hours putting it back together today. I've still got to figure out where the last boards go as, the homemade trailer maker didn't seem to measure anything. It's a jigsaw puzzle putting the boards back together in the right way. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Just found your site and am thinking I want to travel around the country in a vardo as soon as I retire. Thanks so much for sharing! Looking forward to reading all your posts.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Glad you like my blog. You really want to think about the PAD Vardo plans I think. Or modify one of the tiny house plans. I'm hoping to get rid of the buzzard Friday.

    ReplyDelete