Friday, October 21, 2011

For Sale One Trailer : Slightly Used:

So annoyed beyond words, at myself and the world in general and needing to make positive steps to get a life and keep this project moving...

I went down to the farm and ranch tractor dealer (Tri Tex) who does trailers and ordered a new one.

Rick the gentleman who owns the business called his supplier. Who right there on the phone quickly put together a price for a 5X14 dual axle with brake trailer. (The Vardo Plans are for 12 feet but the supplier won't put duals under anything smaller than 14 so I'll have a two foot porch.

One more hitch in the process is that currently the trailer maker is about two weeks backed-up with orders. Not caring and startling the poor man I told him to go ahead and order me one. Then I immediately put a down payment for it.

Rick looks at me and says, so the trailer normally comes in black but I can have the trailer to painted to match your truck.... I grinned and said John Deere Yellow. Both gentlemen, another customer had wondered in... cracked up... I explained it was a design decision that I had already considered because I wanted a yellow roof, and yes let the jokes begin.

What I forgot to ask, and I'll go back and ask on Monday is what is the hitch size in case I have to buy another ball, and could I tell them to not add the wood as it would be just ripped off and a waste of materials. While I'm thinking about it, I'll ask if I can give them the vardo plans, then they could build the thing to spec. and I wouldn't have to bother my welder to add things. Hey can't hurt to ask.

Back to the original trailer problem:

So now I have to put all the wood back on the original trailer, I'll wander in an hour early every day this next week to start to replace it. And now to start the process to get rid of it. I hope I can sell it for at least most of what I paid for it.  Anyone want to come to West Texas for a trailer?

No comments:

Post a Comment