Friday, November 18, 2011

Two Steps Forward! Kinda

First, my friend that has a bit of land would be happy to let me park the vardo at her house.
Down side: no outside electrical outlet. But I'll work on it.

Next, the problem of the trailer plugs. Notice from the earlier posts, that they don't hook up? I've checked three stores, there is not a adapter that I can get for this problem. I have to go back to the Ford Dealership and get an RV hook-up package, with a brake switch. I have an appointment tomorrow at 10:30 am:, and they want me to bring the trailer along so that they can order the correct part, and make sure everything works properly. They also will not mind holding on to my trailer until the parts come in, assuming they don't have what I need in stock, so I don't have to park it out my landlords rent house.

So as long as I am there I'll get an oil change for the Ranger before I drive it to the Ren Faire, later in the week.

At which point, every time I tell someone that I have a Ford Ranger to pull this trailer, a sales being suggests that I get a bigger truck. Sigh. No I'm not getting a bigger truck until I get this done and find out the weight of the trailer, thanks.

And finally, and I'm really pleased about this! 
I have the paperwork in hand for registering the trailer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment