Monday, November 14, 2011

Little things no one talks about:: Update

I'll be mentioning a lot of these little things that no one I have found talks about:
Today's small annoyance is the wiring on the trailer.

I ordered a trailer built with a brake:
The trailer hitch that the Ford dealership installed is a four flat lights connector.

Pictures of the two coming soon.

What I have:




What came on the trailer:


Going back to the Ford Dealership they quoted me a price of about 120 for labor plus parts to have the dealership now fix the electrical on the truck to meet the new requirements of the trailer.

There might be an adapter at Tri Tex for a lot less which might work in the short term: I.E. Getting the thing build to being usable and movable.

OK: Checked with Tri Tex. (They are still working on my paperwork, they forgot oops...)
They told me to go down to Herman's auto parts store, that's where they get their adapters from. They work great for either the short term or long term according to the guys at Tri Tex!

Pic of Adapter:





ONLY 8.95

Ok; Ten Bucks vs. 120+ that I need for building materials: NO BRAINER

LATER:

I got home and I started to notice a problem. Can you see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment