Saturday, November 19, 2011

Another trailer hitch fix

Well, I'm back from the Ford Dealership and $385 lighter in the pocket.

That's how much the correct trailer hitch plus electrical brake controller now installed in the cab cost.

(Ok, that total includes $35 dollars for the oil change for the truck. )

It took four hours and they had to check everything against the cruise control as well.  

I have to take the truck back to the dealership because there is a bracket piece that wasn't in stock that needs to be attached to make everything nice and tidy.

This morning as I was driving to pick up my trailer from Tri Tex, a woman in a white car just drove out in front of my truck.

I slammed on the brakes and swerved but it was a near thing.

It was like she didn't even see me.

It reinforced my decision to go with a brake on the trailer, because I think that if I had my trailer on the truck this morning, I don't think I would be making this post. 

I paid the $385 with out batting a eye.

Pics coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment