Thursday, August 16, 2012

Welder's AHOY

The original welder from work is back on campus after summer break!

He has been giving all the information about the build.

Again...

I have explained, that a) the guy he sent me too, dropped the ball and b) didn't send me to anyone who could do the job either.  Next that I was not happy, and that I really wanted to wring someones neck but that I'm not into violence.

So I went over the plans, explaining my slight modification so it will be even easier to do... I need holes for the carriage bolts etc. several times, plus told him that either he helps with the welding and SOON OR he gives me the name of a welder he trust.

He promises that he'll work it into the welding class as the first project.

At this point, I'm not even going for 'done' on the vardo. I'll take it partially built as long as it is fully enclosed and weather tight so I can take it down the highway, I can work on the inside later.

I have only 206 days until Gulf War.

On the good side, I've joined the local SCA chapter* and have someone who has volunteered to share the gas costs to Gulf War in Mississippi. ( If this thing ever gets off the ground.)

*Dragonsfire Tor!





2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you are getting some progress. My vardo is only in my mind for a while. Keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the actual getting started with construction that is driving me crazy. Smiling sounds like a wonderful idea! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete