Wednesday, August 29, 2012

100th Post

In honor of the 100th post...

And because I'm still waiting on the welding....

I've signed up at my college for the Introduction to Welding Course.

Because if I can't get the welders at the college to do it for me, I'LL DO IT MYSELF.

Does anyone know where you get a welding helmet, jacket, steel toe boots and gloves.

Size small?

http://www.aws.org/w/a/

UPDATE: First class today... I had the wrong book, the wrong helmet and the wrong gloves...And the first thing out of my professor was... "I knew I wasn't going to get away from that trailer..."

But other than that...Everything is great!

3 comments:

  1. Unless this is a trick question... a welding supply shop. Look up "metal" or "steel" suppliers in your area. They'll hook you up. Also, most any good farm supply places like Tractor Supply

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. I did not realized my post didn't show up here. Sorry.

    I love TSC. They had kipped me out with most of the ppe's I need. But they don't have the size gloves I need for 'stick' welding. And their selection of welding helmets that the instructor approves is limited. 3 in the whole store and none of them fit.

    The closest welding supply company is either 55 miles or 75 miles in opposite directions of my current location.

    As I have my eye exams done at the 75 mile option and must also pick up a pair of safety classes, I'll be driving there either Tuesday or Wednesday... With a return trip on Thursday to pick up glasses if the store can't get them done in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder full blog site of welding. Are you looking for underwater welding salary in Locust Hill, KY? Here are reviews of the best Welding Programs and Trainings available in Kentucky.
    Thanks for sharing..........

    ReplyDelete