Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Door

So I was able to wander into my local-ish Habitat for Humanity Re-Store today.

and I found...

The perfect door for the Vardo!

Yes, I'll have to build a door jam for it, plus purchase hardware, and have an expert to install it...
(I would like it to work correctly, and I'm only at a basic carpentry level if you know what I mean...)

But for the whopping price of $45 plus tax it a deal I couldn't pass up.

The size is 24 X 80.  Yes, that is one foot wide double pane insulated glass right down the middle!

The other side is white and I'll stain the interior you see in this pic with a light wood stain to show off the grain.

But it also means I'll have to figure out exactly what I'll need in my kitchenette area, because at 24 inches wide I may not be able to get cabinets in the Vardo after the door is installed so purchasing them before I am ready might be a nessesity.

I'll be picking it up on Saturday as I had a full load in my truck already on the way home.

200 days til Gulf War and I feel like I'm getting something done, Finally!

UPDATE: 8/25/2012: The door has been picked up from Habitat for Humanity. A shop keeper in town lent me an extra blanket to make sure the door came home in one piece, because he needed a blanket that the Re-Store lent him just the day before, returned.
Life is funny that way.
Off to learn how to rough out frame a door.



No comments:

Post a Comment