Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl Sunday: Big Whoop

Here we are on Superbowl Sunday. 

Where men with a lot less education then I have will play a game and make more than I will in more than a decade.

The median salary in the NFL in 2009 was roughly $770,000.  [ 15 years at my current salary]

And just in keeping with today's game.  

The Steelers have the highest median salary at $1.1 million,  [22 years at my current salary]
the Packers the lowest at $440,000.[ 10 years at my current salary] *

Ok fine, people like to watch football, when I was in high school I was in the band and had to attend every game. But really do we have to pay these men so much? And this is just the players, lets not forget the coaches and trainers and agents..Agents, when did athletes need to get agents, its a frakin game for goodness sakes. 
What about the people that clean up the stadium, serve the food, sell the merchandise, take the tickets, sell the beer and hot dogs. Trust me the trickle down theory for payment does not include them. 
And then why do they have to make the tickets so expensive? Real people, notice my salary up there folks, could never hope to get a ticket for a pro game anymore. 250 dollars buys a lot of groceries, or rent or car payment/repairs. 

What I guess I'm trying to say is that sports are nice, and a great pass time, but really folks, this is not where we should be spending our money. I would rather be spending it on medical research, education and our infrastructure than watching grown men, play a game with a ball.

And just so you don't think I hate football, because I don't, I'm just not as fanatical as trying to watch the FOUR HOUR PREGAME SHOW!!! That's longer than the game folks....
Go Packers! 
The only sane team in the NFL and the ONLY team that can not be traded or moved. '
The City owns the team. 


No comments:

Post a Comment