Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Brrrrrr

I think I should just note the day that the largest snow storm has touched so many of our lives.


My work has been shut down for the day, and might be as well tomorrow. I sit in my little brown rent  house and shiver. There are so many holes, in the walls, windows and the doors that I have migrated to the living room. I even pulled out the space heater.

The vardo will be over insulated. I will not skimp on the insulation in the walls and floors.

Shivering, I sip my tea, and think about Groundhog's day, Candlemas and Imoblic.

Groundhog's Day

Candlemas

Imbolc

Shivering...

UPDATE Feb 2nd 2011:

The college I work at canceled classes for a second and then an unprecedented third day. 

The roads here are still completely iced over. There is no hot water in the kitchen but I do have it available in the bathroom. I figure they'll thaw out by Saturday. I've covered every window in the living room.

Tried to block most of the air coming in the front door (I can see the light through the cracks)

I still sit here and shiver.....

No comments:

Post a Comment