Saturday, March 2, 2013

Nothing is going on...

Ok, I got an A in my welding class. :)

And was already to sign up for the next one, when two things happened simultaneously:

First: The next class for the welding sequence did not 'make' i.e. have enough people sign up for the class to be listed, hence it was cancelled.  So, I considered signing up for the class held at our branch an hour away...

When

Second: I lost two employees in the same week.  Half my staff! The first got very ill and we are all keeping this person in our thoughts and prayers, with a hope to have them back at work on March 18th after spring break. The Second person just earned a Masters in Library Science and quickly found a job paying WAY more then here, so that's employee #two out the door. 

Result: A six day work week with hours ranging between 50 to 60 hours; I haven't been able to work on anything but paying bills and keeping the house half clean.

Good news: The new person starts tomorrow!

The bad news, I'm still on the long shifts until I have the new person trained up, sometime in April.



No comments:

Post a Comment